Saturday, March 28, 2009

The death of the newsletter

I’m glad I didn’t invest too much in online newsletter delivery. Why, because the writing is on the wall for that medium, for me at least. I’m now following a number of Blogs. I follow blogs because I like what the authors have to say, their thought process stimulates my own, the content is relevant to me and I can choose when and where I want to read them. This gives the information power to me. My reader of choice (currently) is Google Reader. This tool keeps all my blogs together and lets me know at a glance if there have been any updates. If you are in business and want to keep your customers engaged start thinking now about how you want to communicate and give them the choice of how they may want to engage with you. Blogs are your newsletters; a searchable and archived receptacle of information, Twitter is your random conversation, thoughts that come and go. Facebook is your diary and LinkedIn is your professional network of business cards and contacts. This is just the tip of the proverbial Web 2.0 iceberg, and until Google takes over the information world, the choice is still yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment